Care-for-Rare— From Discovery to Cure
Children with rare diseases are the “orphans” of medicine. Their lives — and their family’s lives — are consumed by doctor appointments, visiting specialist after specialist (and often hospital after hospital) in the hunt for an end to their suffering. Frequent misdiagnoses add emotional agony. The uncertainty persists even when a definitive diagnosis is made, since many rare diseases are still incurable.
It does not need to be this way.
Through our focus on innovative research and international cooperation, Care-for-Rare gives children with rare diseases hope for a cure.
You can help save a child’s life. Donate now to help Care For Rare:
- Do research to understand the underlying principles of disease-causing mechanisms, increase diagnostic success rates and develop curative therapies.
- Perform complex laboratory testing (next-generation sequencing, whole-genome sequencing) to identify and validate specific disease-causing mechanisms.
- Provide individual case support: diagnosis and access to state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic strategies
- Continue to educate of physicians and scientists in the field of rare diseases
- Do public outreach to educate lay and professional audiences about the unique challenges and needs of children with rare diseases and engage the community as advocates for these children.
Care-for-Rare is committed to helping children and their families with rare diseases by:
Advancing science in national and global interdisciplinary alliances
Supporting education of physicians and scientists
Raising awareness in professional and local communities
Granting children access to cutting-edge diagnostics and therapy
“The destiny of children with rare diseases depends critically on enthusiastic scientists and international collaboration. Care-for-Rare provides a valuable platform for both – therefore, I proudly share its vision and mission!”
UT Southwestern, Dallas
Nobel Prize in Physiology of Medicine
Bangkok | Hiroshima | Isfahan | Medellin | Muscat